Oral Health 2020
Oral Health 2020
Oral Health 2020 is a multi-year effort to strengthen and unify the growing national oral health network, build upon legacy initiative strategies, and expand impact. We are engaging grantees and partners around a set of bold, shared goals with specific targets to be achieved by 2020.
Oral Health 2020 investments are structured around the realization of a vision for improved oral health: Oral health is essential to lifelong health and well-being.
Oral Health 2020 Goals:
Goal 1 Eradicate dental disease in children
- With the closing of disparity gaps, 85% of children reach age 5 without a cavity
Goal 2 Incorporate oral health into the primary education system
- The 10 largest school districts have incorporated oral health into their systems
Goal 3 Include an adult dental benefit in publicly funded health coverage
- At least 30 states have an extensive Medicaid adult dental benefit
- Medicare includes an extensive dental benefit
Goal 4 Build a comprehensive national oral health measurement system
- A national and state-based oral health measurement system is in place
Goal 5 Integrate oral health into person-centered healthcare
- Oral health is integrated into at least 50% of emerging person-centered care models
Goal 6 Improve the public perception of the value of oral health to overall health.
- Oral health is increasingly included in health dialogue and public policy.
As we approach 2020, we are intentionally focused on supporting our existing grantees and the Oral Health Progress and Equity Network (OPEN) to reach the goals and targets laid out in our Oral Health 2020 strategy to improve the oral health of all, and have limited grant funding available for new projects. However, we continue to welcome new concepts and ongoing conversations about innovative ways to advance oral health systems change.
To submit a concept for funding under Oral Health 2020, click here to be directed to our grants management portal.